Dogs are the most loyal creatures, not without reason, when you hear the phrase “my four-legged friend” you immediately think of this animal. They do not live for thousands of years side by side with the man, helping him in everything. But what can dream of a dog that penetrated the dream, is it always a good sign, or it can be a warning?
One dog or a whole pack
In most cases, the dog in the dream is a positive character, but not always. Much depends on the interpretation and related factors.
For example, a whole pack of dogs symbolizes many problems, troubles and worries that bother a person in real life. This dream warns of anticipated obstacles and of dubious friends waiting for the person to make a mistake.
If, however, the dogs are in good humor to the man, they cuddle and give themselves to pet, the dream dramatically changes its meaning. In this case, you can count on not only their own strength, but good luck, which will attend in all endeavors. This dream portends that the time has come for the most daring changes, to change the field of activity or organization of your business.
Naturally, the behavior of dogs in the dream is of great importance. If a pack of animals is friendly with each other, plays and frolics, then it is a sure sign that a fruitful cooperation and successful outcome of planned affairs is expected in life.
If the dogs are belligerent, fighting, figuring each other out, then the sleeper will have a rift with friends or colleagues in life, which will not be easy to forget. This is a dream-warning, after which you need to be careful in your statements or actions, so as not to become the perpetrator of quarrels.
In addition to the number of pets, the interpretation of the dream also depends on what kind of dog dreamed.
As in life, in a dream many of the associations a person at the sight of a dog depends on its appearance. A large dog can cause fear, and a tiny puppy – tenderness. What are the parameters of the animal should be paid attention to when interpreting the dream?
What do you dream about a large or small dog?
An animal of impressive size indicates that the person has a good relationship with friends, based on trust. But if the dog inspires fear in the dreamer, then it means that in life he is afraid of his comrades. And this does not give to fully open up to friends, to fully trust.
There are several interpretations of dreams involving a large dog:
- symbolizes reliability, success and prosperity – a large dog can become a protector from any kind of threats;
- The dream means that any troubles will lose their significance, become less important;
- A large dog can mean that an influential and powerful patron will appear in a person’s life.
Small dogs most often mean small, but enjoyable, worries. Perhaps the family will celebrate an important date, expected birth of a child, or a wedding. Of course, the preparation, choice of gifts, organization of the celebration – it’s a troublesome matter, but at the same time pleasant.
These dogs also warn that you will soon have to take care not only about your life priorities, but also to wonder if others agree with this arrangement.
Small dogs can represent younger relatives or comrades in need of patronage.
Dreaming of a white, black or red dog
The color of the coat of the dreamed dog allows different interpretations of the dream. So what can dream about a dog of a particular color:
- The coat of black color is a warning of a meeting with an enemy. Sometimes the dream indicates that someone in the environment has an evil intent, or the dreamer himself has lost faith in his loved ones. In this case, a frank conversation with friends helps.
- A coat of white – a sign that soon there will be a meeting with old good friends, and the old relationship will quickly restore. Also a dog white can be a symbol of changes in life for the better.
- Ared dog is a sign of treachery on the part of supposedly allies. This means that those around you are acting dishonestly toward you, or are preparing a conspiracy. If a dog with such a coat was dreamed of by a man, there is a possibility of an impure colleague.
- Thegray hair of the dog means that in a difficult time, all the loved ones will turn away. There is a great risk that the best friend will be on the other side of the barricades in the conflict.
- A brown dog indicates distrust on the part of an old acquaintance, which the sleeper will have to dispel.
A dog of a certain breed
Quite often in people’s dreams a pedigree animal appears. In itself, the dream speaks of the desire of man to be in any company, to achieve promotion at work, to find an influential patron. And the dog as if prompted that to achieve the goal to help friends.
What does the meaning of a particular breed of canine friends:
- The German Shepherd is a good sign, saying that a person has friends who are ready to help. Things will work out, especially if the activity has to do with caring for those in need.
- The Rottweiler is a symbol of change, no matter whether it is positive or negative, it will definitely cause difficulties for the person. The person will need time to come to terms with the changes.
- Husky – the upcoming work is associated with communication with friendly and talented employees. Such activities will bring only satisfaction.
- Labrador – symbolizes a huge burst of energy in the work field. Friends will assist in building a good relationship with the boss. Such a dog suggests that the person is confident in himself and in his abilities.
- Dachshunds foreshadow unintentional joy at work, which will affect many. All possible problems will be solved at once.
What the dog is doing in the dream
Very important are the actions of the animal. If the dog is sleeping, it is a symbol of the conscience of the person. In addition, it is important how the four-legged friend looks:
- If the dog is clean, with a neat coat, it means that the sleeper has a clear conscience.
- An animal in the dirt, shaggy and haggard means that in the head of the sleeper a lot of thoughts, doubts, reflections. Perhaps it is a manifestation of guilt.
- Dreams of a sleeping dog that does not let pass – a symbol of the fact that the person’s soul is heavy because of previously committed deeds.
- The kindest cute dog represents a loyal friendship, and it means that there is someone to whom you can open any secret. It is a real support in all situations.
- A dog that aggressively barks at the dreamer – the dream alerts that the person will soon be drawn into conflict.
- A mad dog warns that a major quarrel with a best friend can lead to the fact that he will become the worst enemy.
- Chained dog suggests that you should be more careful in the choice of friends, many of those around them are not at all.
Interesting interpretations of other dream dreams
As many people as there are opinions. If you consider different dream books, you can see that the dog can symbolize completely different phenomena.
- Looking at the ancient Old Slavonic dream book, you can read that the dog in the dream speaks of loyalty and courage of the man. Longo’s dream book indicates that if the dog licks the man’s hand, then good luck awaits him in his career. If the animal is asleep, then most likely you will have to give up all business and take care of the children.
- Interpreter of dreams Canonite indicates that if you dream about a dog, then unattainable goals can be achieved by making every effort.
- Italians trust the dreamer Maneghetti, according to him, dreams about dogs indicate who in the relationship dominates, and who only submits. More often than not, this relationship is negative, as one of the participants suppresses the will of the other. This can be not necessarily married couples, but also mother-child, father-child, etc.
- Everyone’s famous Nostradamus also did not avoid the subject of dogs in dreams. His interpretation is related to the financial situation of the sleeper, or rather its instability. In such a dream there is a warning – it’s time to save money “for a rainy day.
- The dream of Tsvetkov says that the dog is a symbol of impending victory. If a person is experiencing difficulties, then the case will be resolved in any case in his favor.
- Freud emphasizes the character and behavior of the animal, a good dog dreams of a new pleasant acquaintance, an angry dog predicts an imminent quarrel, a dog petting – soon there will be a new love, biting – waiting for the sleeper exhausting litigation.
Whatever the dreams prophesied, do not rely only on them. It should derive benefit from them and build a life with their own hands.